Thursday, June 30, 2011

Birthday Festivities!!!


So it seems like I've been poppin bottles for my birthday for weeks now but it really hasn’t. Since this was my first birthday in New York I figured I should do something exciting but really wasn’t motivated at all (a low budget can do that to you sometimes). Since the actual day fell in the middle of the week I kinda figured most people would be quite busy. The weekend after is a holiday weekend which can be tough to plan anything around so I picked the weekend before. Well I should actually admit that it kinda chose itself. My friend Francisco called to hangout on Friday night and I was in the bed....lol. At 5 o'clock in the evening...lol. After a little work convincing me to get up I finally got dressed and we met at the Red Rooster in Harlem.

(I wish I had actually taken a picture because they have really cute outdoor seating this time of year)

I didn’t think we would get a seat so last minute without reservations but we did. I’ve never sat at a community table before and thought it would be weird but it was quite cozy. Our neighbors overheard us tell the waiter it was my birthday so they extended very kind well wishes also. They also shared their thoughts on the food they ordered. Since I was so close to where the food was coming out I got to see everything that was on the menu and almost wanted to change my order a few times…lol. I would have taken a picture of it all but I thought that might look a little odd plus.


We toasted with a bottle of Rose` to many more fabulous time in New York and crazy New York adventures together.


The food was all amazing. We didn’t leave a thing on the plate. I don’t know exact names of anything but these little tacos were surprisingly amazing. Francisco had the catfish and I had the salmon, both were cooked perfectly. We then ordered a side of green to share and they were quite flavorful.
We then had dessert!!! My favorite part! I cant believe I didn’t take pictures but I was so excited to eat it I forgot. I had strawberry rhubarb pie with a meringue cream on the side and Francisco had sweet potato donuts with an amazing vanilla cream. So dinner was perfect. We were the only ones left at the table but we were still engrossed in conversation when the waiter said he knew it was my birthday and didn’t want to interrupt our wonderful evening but he needed the table for a large party that had been waiting for a while. I wasn’t quite sure how I felt about it but we were about to leave anyway so it really wasn’t a big deal. The waiter then offered us free drinks and a seat in the lounge downstairs. We gladly took him up on that offer.

( I dont know if you actally see the crushed grapes in the bottom of the glass but the were an amazing little treat)


I believe the names of the drinks were the Savoy. It was delicious!! And the lounge is super cute with a great DJ. I was impressed with the space. I didn’t realize it was so big. There is more dining area downstairs too. All in all it was a great unexpected birthday surprise thanks to a good friend, good food, and good conversation.

 To Be Continued….



No comments:

Post a Comment