Thursday, June 30, 2011

Birthday Wishes!!!


Birthdays are such a momentous time of the year that can evoke such a wide range of emotion. From happy to sad, exciting to depressing, or even outrageous to uneventful. As the true Cancer that I am, I have experienced all of those and then some during my birthday life. But I am happy to say that this birthday brought a whole new group of emotions and thought process.

Thoughtful, Grateful, and Thankful!!

When I think back from my last birthday until now, my life has gone through such a drastic change. Last year this time I had stable and secure income, amazing health and financial benefits, a new car, a decent savings account, vacation days, and a large 2 bedroom apartment with a garage, elevator, pool, and central air condition,  but yet with all those things I was still unhappy. I was still searching for my purpose in life. I was pretty sure I had found it but had no idea if I was right or if it was even possible. I am so grateful for the people that believed in me and continued to support and even push me to do what I needed to. I am even grateful for those that doubted me and intern gave me the desire and motivation to prove them wrong. I am so thankful for the opportunities that presented themselves and the courage I had to take them.

It’s funny to think that I can just barely managing my bills, I have no benefits, no savings, no paid vacation days, a weekly metro card for transportation, and live in a room on the 3rd floor of a brownstone in Harlem with no elevator and no ac but I’m the happiest I’ve been in a long time. I truly feel like I’m living my Dream!! No one ever said living a dream was easy. If it was easy everyone would be doing it, right? So as I blew out my candle this year I remembered what I wished for last year and realized that Birthday wishes really do come true. And I made an even better wish this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment