So in 4 months I will have been living in New York City for 1 year!!!! Whooooo hooooo!
My how time flies when you’re having fun. But only I haven’t had as much fun as I would have thought. There are so many things in New York that I have yet to experienced. So I decided to make a list.
My sister and I use to make list and we were very productive and felt very accomplished, so I’m hoping this will provide the same results.
This list is not in any specific order and I’m sure I will be updating it with more specific links and other information as I start crossing things off. I also hope to blog with a little more detail about each of my experiences. I picked 38 things because I just celebrated my 38th Birthday (yeah me).
So here it goes…
- Empire State Building
- Ride the Central Park Carousel
- Take a Carriage Ride thru Central Park
- Take a ride to Ellis Island and tour the Statue of Liberty http://www.nps.gov/stli/index.htm
- Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge thru lower Manhattan (I hear its beautiful sight)
- Staten Island and Staten Island Ferry
- Chrysler Building
- Tour the unique NY food landscapes of NYC http://www.foodsofny.com/ (anything food I love)
- Check out the floating barge in Brooklyn http://www.bargemusic.org/
- The Roof Garden café at the Met http://www.metmuseum.org/visit/dining/
- The Mandarin Oriental Lobby Lounge – Stop by for afternoon tea, lunch or evening cocktails and enjoy a stunning view of Central Park.www.mandarinoriental.com/newyork
- Sex and the City Tour http://www.screentours.com/tour.php/satc
- Prospect Park
- Guggenheim Museum
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Natural History Museum
- Coney Island
- Rockefeller Center/Top of the Rock
- Tour the Apollo and See Amateur Night (I’m hoping to see Brian McKnight on July 23rd)
- Central Park Zoo/Bronx Zoo (Gotta see the animals)
- Shakespeare in the Park
- Madame Tussands
- Museum of Television
- The Highline (public park suspened 30 feet in air
- Double Decker bus tour
- Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival flushing meadow park
- Lenox Lounge
- Blues Bar B Que Festival August 22 and 23 Pier 54
- Korean Parade October 2
- Be in the audience for Regis and Kelly
- And David Letterman
- And Rachel Ray
- And the Today Show and Good Morning America (I have to do these shows)
- Attend an event (doesnt matter which one) in Madison Square Garden
- Attend a play on Broadway
- Take a real dance class.
- New York Dinner Train http://railandcruisetravel.com/WineDineTrain.htm
By the way, I got a few ideas from this cool blog so you might want to check out his list:
Please feel free to add any suggestions :)
And I look forward to keeping you posted on my progress.